Customerlabs CDP Documentation
Sync the audience with Facebook
Sync the audience with Facebook
Audiences created in CustomerLabs CDP can be synced with Facebook in two ways:
1. As an event (through website custom audience)
2. As a customer list
As an event (through website custom audience)
You can sync the segment as an event for both anonymous and known users based on the availability of the external ids (like facebook_fbp id).
By syncing the segment created in CustomerLabs with Facebook, a new custom audience is created, and data is sent to Facebook as an event. This custom audience gets updated regularly based on the refresh interval set for the segment in CustomerLabs.
Here are the steps to sync the audience as an event on Facebook:
1. Make sure you have integrated Facebook with CustomerLabs by authenticating your Facebook account in Destinations → Facebook → Configuration Settings in CustomerLabs.
2. Also go to Destinations → Facebook → Setup Event workflow → Turn on the toggle for all “added_to_segment” events. (Note: If you would want to use “removed_from_segment”, turn on the toggle for those events) – Based on the minimum refresh interval you have given for any of the audiences, the event gets refreshed on Facebook.
Note: It may approx. take 24-48 hours for the added_to_segment event to get updated on Facebook.
3. Now create a custom audience in Facebook by logging into your Facebook Ad account → Audiences → Create Audience → Custom Audience → Choose “Website” radio button in “Your Sources” → Click “Next”
4. Then Select “added_to_segment” from the “Events” drop-down.
5. Give “Retention” days as needed.
6. Click “Refine by” → Choose “URL/Parameter” → Select “segment_name” from the parameter drop-down.
7. Now give the segment name in the box as shown in the video. (Note: Segment name is case sensitive, so mention the name as it is there in CustomerLabs)
8. Include or exclude more people as required and give a name and description for the audience.
9. Click “Create Audience”
Once this is created, the users are regularly refreshed based on the refresh interval set for the segment and this audience powered by CustomerLabs can be used for ads campaigns which give you a higher match quality.
As a customer list
It is recommended to sync the segment as a customer list with Facebook when you have the basic user details like name, email id, phone number, etc. but without the external ids (eg. fbp id).
By syncing the segment created in CustomerLabs with Facebook, a new audience is created/synced in Facebook as a customer list and gets updated regularly based on the refresh interval.
Follow the steps to sync the audience as a customer list with Facebook:
1. Create a new segment with the desired events or user traits in CustomerLabs → Go to “Schema” tab of the segment created.
2. Configure the Segment Schema as needed for the customer list to be created or synced in Facebook.
3. Now go to “Destinations” tab and click on “Map Schema” for Facebook.
4. In the “List to sync” tab, choose the audience list from the lists that are already created on Facebook or choose “Create New List” and enter the name for the new audience list.
5. Once the audience list is selected or created, “Custom audience Info” will be displayed.
Note: If it shows “Error Fetching data”, make sure to re-authenticate the activation key for Facebook from Menu → Destinations page → Facebook.
6. Go to the “Schema Mapping” tab after saving the list and map the segment schema with Facebook schema for the identifier and user traits that you have given in Step 2 by adding each schema using “Add Schema” button.
7. Once this is done, click “Save Schema”
8. Now enable the toggle under “Status” for Facebook.
9. Click “Instant Sync” to sync the list now.
10. Go to “Configuration” tab and set the “Refresh interval” as required → Save Configuration
11. You can check the log for the segment from the “Logs” tab and also the log for Facebook by going to “Destinations” tab → Facebook → “Show Logs” for the latest update that has happened.
Check if the audience has been created/synced
You can check whether the list has been created/synced with Facebook after 10-15 minutes if you have enabled “Instant Sync” or after the refresh interval days set for the segment.
1. Go to Facebook Ads Manager → All tools → Audiences → Check if the audience has been created under the same name as given in CustomerLabs or the existing list has been updated.