Customerlabs CDP Documentation
Sync the audience with Facebook
Sync the audience with Facebook
Audiences created in CustomerLabs can be synced with Facebook in two ways:
1. As an event – through website custom audience (Event Sync)
2. As a customer list (List Sync)
Event Sync (through website custom audience)
Watch this video to sync your audiences using the Event Sync option.
You can sync the segment as an event for both anonymous and known users based on the availability of the external ids (like facebook_fbp id).
By syncing the segment created in CustomerLabs with Facebook, a new custom audience is created, and data is sent to Facebook through an event. This custom audience gets updated regularly based on the refresh interval set for the segment in CustomerLabs.
Here are the steps to sync the audience through an event on Facebook:
1. Make sure you have integrated Facebook with CustomerLabs by authenticating your Facebook account in Destinations → Facebook → Configuration Settings in CustomerLabs.
2. Now, View the segment created in CustomerLabs which you want to sync with Facebook or create a new segment if you haven’t created one yet.
3. Navigate to “Event Sync” tab.
Note: You will have to wait for 30-40 minutes after creating the segment to let it populate before you could enable the sync.
4. Click on “Settings”
5. Give a name to the custom audience and Retention days as needed.
6. Click “Create audience”.
The custom audience will be created in Facebook Ads Manager → All tools → Audiences. If you want to refine the custom audience further, you can do so by editing it on Facebook directly.
7. You can see the green indicator under Audience Sync Status column as a confirmation for the sync.
8. You can check the log for the segment from the “Logs” tab and also the log for Facebook by going to “Event Sync” tab → Facebook → Logs for the latest update that has happened.
The users are regularly refreshed based on the refresh interval set for the segment and this audience powered by CustomerLabs can be used for ads campaigns which give you a higher match quality.
Deleting an audience
You can delete the custom audience created on Facebook following the steps below:
1. Go to Events Sync tab → Facebook → Settings
2. Click on the Delete icon on the top right corner of the custom audience.
3. Enter the name of the custom audience you want to delete.
4. Click Confirm.
The custom audience will be deleted from Facebook.
It is recommended to sync the segment as a customer list with Facebook when you have the basic user details like name, email id, phone number, etc. but without the external ids (eg. fbp id).
By syncing the segment created in CustomerLabs with Facebook, a new audience is created/synced in Facebook as a customer list and gets updated regularly based on the refresh interval.
Follow the steps to sync the audience as a customer list with Facebook:
1. View the segment created in CustomerLabs which you want to sync with Facebook or create a new segment if you haven’t created one yet and Navigate to Schema tab of the segment.
2. Configure the Segment Schema as needed for the customer list to be created or synced on Facebook.
3. Now go to “List Sync” tab and click on “Map Schema” for Facebook.
4. In the “List to sync” tab, choose the audience list from the lists that are already created on Facebook or choose “Create New List” and enter the name for the new audience list.
5. Once the audience list is selected or created, “Custom audience Info” will be displayed.
Note: If it shows “Error Fetching data”, make sure to re-authenticate the activation key for Facebook from Menu → Destinations page → Facebook.
6. Go to the “Schema Mapping” tab after saving the list and map the segment schema with Facebook schema for the identifier and user traits that you have given in Step 2 by adding each schema using “Add Schema” button.
7. Once this is done, click “Save Schema”
8. Now turn on the toggle under “Status” for Facebook.
9. Click “Instant Sync” to sync the list now.
10. Go to “Configuration” tab and set the “Refresh interval” as required → Save Configuration
11. You can check the log for the segment from the “Logs” tab and also the log for Facebook by going to “List Sync” tab → Facebook → “Show Logs” for the latest update that has happened.
Check if the audience has been created/synced
You can check whether the list has been created/synced with Facebook after 10-15 minutes if you have enabled “Instant Sync” or after the refresh interval days set for the segment.
1. Go to Facebook Ads Manager → All tools → Audiences → Check if the audience has been created under the same name as given in CustomerLabs or the existing list has been updated.