Customerlabs CDP Documentation
CustomerLabs + Klaviyo Integration
Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform for sending personalized emails and SMS messages to engage and retain your targeted audience.
Integrate CustomerLabs CDP with Klaviyo to sync your unified customer behavior data to target and convert the high-intent audience by sending personalized emails and SMS at the right time.
1. Login to CustomerLabs account and Navigate to Destinations page.
2. Search and choose Klaviyo from the list of destinations.
3. Click Enable to setup the configuration.
4. Now, log in to your Klaviyo account → Go to Account
5. Go to Settings → API keys
6. Copy the Public API Key
7. Go to your CustomerLabs account → Destinations → Klaviyo → Configuration settings.
8. Paste the Public API Key in the box as shown in the image below.
9. Again go to your Klaviyo Account → Settings → API Keys
10. Create Private API Key if you don’t have one already.
11. Copy the Private API Key.
12. Go to your CustomerLabs account → Destinations → Klaviyo → Configuration settings.
13. Paste the Private API Key in the box as shown in the image below.
14. Click Save Changes.
Event Workflow Setup
1. To send the required events to Klaviyo, Go to Setup Event workflow.
2. Turn ON the toggle for the events that you want to send for either client_side or server_side (Don’t turn on both – to avoid duplication).
3. Click on Save changes.
You have now integrated Klaviyo with CustomerLabs to automatically send the events data.
Check if you are receiving the events
1. Go to your Klaviyo account → Analytics → Metrics
2. You will see the events received from CustomerLabs here.
Sync the audience with Klaviyo
You can sync the audience created in CustomerLabs with Klaviyo as a customer list by creating a segment in CustomerLabs and syncing it with an existing list or a new list in Klaviyo.
Make sure you have completed the authentication of your Klaviyo account before syncing.
Here’s how you can sync the audience with Klaviyo as a customer list:
1. Create a new segment with the desired events or user traits in CustomerLabs → Go to Schema tab of the segment created.
2. Configure the Segment Schema as needed for the customer list to be created or synced in Klaviyo.
3. Now go to the Destinations tab and click on Map Schema for Klaviyo.
4. In the List to sync tab, choose the audience list from the lists that are already created in Klaviyo or choose Create New List and enter the name for the new audience list.
5. Once the audience list is selected or created, Custom audience Info will be displayed.
Note: If it shows “Error Fetching data”, make sure to re-authenticate your Klaviyo account from Menu → Destinations page → Klaviyo.
6. Go to the Schema Mapping tab after saving the list and map the segment schema with Klaviyo schema for the identifier and user traits that you have given in Step 2 by adding each schema using Add Schema button.
7. Once this is done, click Save Schema.
8. Now switch on the toggle under Status for Klaviyo.
9. Click Instant Sync to sync the list now.
10. Go to the Configuration tab and set the Refresh interval as required → Save Configuration.
11. You can check the log for the segment from the Logs tab and also the log for Klaviyo by going to the Destinations tab → Klaviyo → Show Logs for the latest sync that has happened.
Check if the audience has been created/synced
You can check whether the list has been created/synced with Klaviyo after 10-15 minutes if you have enabled Instant Sync or after the refresh interval days set for the segment.
1. Go to Klaviyo → Lists & Segments → Check if the audience list has been created under the same name as given in CustomerLabs or the existing list has been updated.