Customerlabs CDP Documentation
CustomerLabs + BigQuery Integration
A fast, highly scalable, cost-effective, and fully managed cloud data warehouse for analytics, with built-in machine learning. Create your own data marketing lake with BigQuery by storing all your customer event data in one place. CustomerLabs can send the event data into BigQuery with a single click without having to write any code.
To sync your data with BigQuery, you have to follow the following three steps:
- Create a project if not already created and enable BigQuery API for the selected project.
- Add IAM reference ID as a BigQuery user in your Google Cloud account.
- Enable Billing
- Copy the project ID and paste it in CustomerLabs
Create a Project and Enable BigQuery API
1. Log in to your Google Cloud Platform, select a project, or create one if you haven’t created one.
2. Copy the project ID of the new project/relevant project that you want to connect.
3. Check if the BigQuery API is enabled for the chosen project.
BigQuery is automatically enabled in new projects. To activate BigQuery in an existing project, enable the BigQuery API.
Add IAM reference ID
1. Open your Google Cloud platform and navigate to IAM & Admin → IAM → The project you want to connect → Under Permissions, View by principals tab → Grant access
2. In the Add Principals section → paste the Service account ID (email@example.com) under New principals text box.
3. Assign the following roles and click on Save.
- BigQuery Data Owner
- BigQuery Job User
- If you haven’t enabled billing, navigate to Billing and linked billing account.
- Make sure, your billing is active.
Note: Billing should be enabled for the project to be active.
Configure the project ID in the CustomerLabs
1. Login to your CustomerLabs account.
2. Navigate to “Destinations” and select BigQuery
3. You will see a pop-up screen, click on Enable and then go to Configuration settings
4. Now, paste your Google project ID which you had copied from your cloud account → Save Changes
You have successfully connected CustomerLabs with BigQuery for sending your data.